Indoor bikes are increasing in popularity worldwide as a result of how convenient and effective they are to use. The ability to exercise the whole-body frame when using indoor bikes is the main reason why it is a recommended workout tool by many instructors.
Many people who are looking for gym equipment that will ensure they burn many calories, safe and easy to use, and maintain and improve fitness levels are turning to indoor bikes. Indoor bikes come in a variety of brands and design, but their functionality and exercise goal are all the same; Indoor bikes help in shedding fat and boosting your muscle endurance and strength.
Since the indoor bikes come in a variety of designs and brands, one needs to have prior information and knowledge on the best machines before buying them. Information on the types of the machine, their price range and functionality will help in obtaining a practical, durable, and best priced indoor bike.
Factors to consider before buying an indoor bike
Before setting out to purchase an indoor bike, one needs to do thorough and conclusive research to not only get value for their money but get the best available machine. Below are some of the factors to consider before buying an indoor bike:
· Budget: This is one of the most important factors for buyers. Everyone has a budget, so it’s important to consider yours and find the best indoor bike in your price range. Like with many other products and services, you get what you pay for when it comes to indoor bikes, so you should consider the highest quality, most popular brands. You can also purchase used equipment that are in working condition and available from the top brands in indoor bikes. This will help you crunch those numbers as you build your gym.
· Research on available brands: While you may find many different brands of indoor bikes, you need to do your research to find out functionality, durability, and reputation. In order to perform this important research, you can find customer reviews online along with product descriptions and even price comparisons to help you make an informed decision.
· The wheels: Did you know? The size of the wheels affects the work out. The heavier the wheels, the harder you’ll have to peddle. While the type and size of the wheel can determine your experience, you’ll have to do a little digging to find what wheel sizes will help you meet your fitness goals.
· Resistance: Check the resistance type of the indoor bike, whether magnetic or friction. Friction uses felt wood pads that rests on the wheels of the bike. Pressure applied on the pad is transferred on the wheels, resulting on more resistance and thus determining the intensity of the exercise. The preferred and more expensive is magnetic, which can easily be adjusted. The kind of resistance will determine the effort and energy you’ll have to put in during the exercise.
· Seat and height adjustments: Your height should affect your indoor bike purchasing decision. If you’re above or below the average height, you need to check the specifications to see if your indoor bike allows for height adjustments that can fit your body.
Indoor bikes are an effective way of keeping in shape, a favorite tool to many gym enthusiasts. Just like any other investment, ensure that you do due diligence before embarking on purchasing an indoor bike.
via Blogger 5 Things To Consider Before Buying An Indoor Bike
Biking is one of the most effective fitness exercises that is a favorite to many gym enthusiasts the world over because it is effective and easy to use. Using a bike to exercise and keep fit is an all-season affair and cannot be affected by a change in weather. Biking is an extraneous and intense exercise, which results in burning calories, keeping fit and staying healthy. Biking in the heat can be a little challenging, with the dry or humid air and heat having its toll on the biker, and can affect their workout routine.
There are ways to ensure that one continues to have the thrill and real-time experience when biking, especially when using indoor bikes. While you may think indoor bike exercising will be easier than taking a bike ride in the extreme heat, both home gyms and professional gyms can still get hot.
To get the best experience of biking, whether, at the commercial gym or your gym at home, there are certain factors to take into consideration. The heat of the day should not impair the thrill and feel of using the indoor bike.
Tips on beating the heat
To overcome the heat of the day as you bike, you need to consider some factors to keep your body cool and prevent overheating. The tips of beating the heat as you bike and keep fit include the following:
How you dress: Ensure that you avoid heavy clothing when working out on your bike in the heat. Wear light or cotton clothing that make perspiration easy and do not cling to your body. Ensure that part of your gym outfit includes sleeveless tops, loose fitting shorts and training suits that gives room for free and easy sweating as you exercise on the bike in the heat.
Cool room: The room in which you’re exercising should be cool enough to beat off the heat of the day. If you don’t have central air conditioning, ensure that the windows are open, and if possible, install fans in the room for free air circulation in the exercise room. Free air flow will ensure that the room is cool enough to exercise despite the heat of the day.
Heat acclimatization: A regular exercise in the heat will acclimatize your body to the heat, so that each time you exercise, you’ll feel less challenged by the heat. Our bodies can adjust to the prevailing conditions depending on how regularly you expose it to the elements.
Know your limits: Indoor cycling in the heat can have a toll on your body. Know your limits and take note of the danger signs to take breaks and recover from the intense exercise. Dense, deep and difficult breathing, excessive perspiration, heart palpitations, and blurry vision should alert you to slow down. Know when it’s time to take a break to catch a breath and get yourself a glass of cold water.
Biking is a fantastic workout routine, and the heat should not slow you down. Ensure that you take all precautions into mind before setting out to workout on your bike in the heat.
via Blogger How To Bike In The Heat
A Stepmill is one of the most efficient and intense workout machines in any gym setup. These staircase simulators have been on a surge in recent years, with many gym instructors and participants preferring to use them over the other cardio-based gym equipment. This preference among instructors is due to its proven workout capabilities which can help burn a greater number of calories.
There are various ways to ensure that you use the Stepmill optimally to get the most out of your workout. The many workout steps and schedules have been modified to ensure that the user comfortably and safely uses the equipment with maximum health benefits.
Apart from the regular walking and running up the Stepmill, other workout routines are designed for a powerful workout within a specified period. As with any other gym equipment, you needs to know the safety measures and how to use the machine properly to avoid accidents and possible injuries.
A sample workout routine
There are a variety of possible workout routines that utilize a Stepmill. The aim of using these staircase simulators is to burn calories and keep fit, while the Stepmill has been proven to be one of the most efficient cardio machines available for gyms and home use.
Below is a sample routine to help you maximize your workout and burn those calories. Follow the step by step routine to ensure that you have a full work out plan on the Stepmill:
1. Regular walk: A normal-paced walk up the Stepmill is one of the basic workout routines. Set the pace level on five and avoid holding on the machine bars during this routine, which ensures that you do not exert your entire body frame on the machine. Continue walking on the Stepmill as you adjust the speed. There is also an option of gluteal extension to exercise your lower back during this routine.
2. Lateral lock walk: Turn on one side as you walk up the Stepmill. Ensure you hold on the bars of the machine with one hand to avoid tripping or falling. The option of gluteal extension is also available during this routine as you work on your adductor muscles.
Also read: Stairmaster Workouts You Should Try Today
3. Backward walk: The backward step is one of the intense and challenging workout routines on the Stepmill that focuses on the Trapezius, Latissimus and Rhomboid back muscles,strengthening them. Ensure you hold firmly on the bars of the machine as you can easily trip and fall. Optimally exercise your lower body and avoid putting the pressure of your entire body weight on the equipment.
4. Sprints: holding on the side bars and facing forward on the Stepmill, start by jogging increasing to a run up the stairs. The routine is quite intense and is the perfect cardio exercise, helping you burn a lot of calories and strengthen your muscles.
5. Regular walk: Return to the typical walk up the Stepmill, with the optimal gluteal extension exercise.
A Stepmill is the perfect workout tool that focuses on the major muscles of the body, helping you get stronger, keep fit and shed off unnecessary body fat.
via Blogger How To Get A Great Stepmill Workout
A Stepmill is one of the most powerful workout machines you can find in gyms. Stepmills are typically designed as a revolving endless staircases which works by varying the speed while simulating walking, running or climbing up the stairs. A Stepmill will provide the same results as walking, running, or climbing the stairs when used properly. Each step on the Stepmill is measured at 8-inch high, the equivalent of the standard staircase step, resulting in a complete stair climbing experience in a real-life scenario.
Using the machine requires the user to lift their feet and plant them on the machine in a walking or running motion up the staircase. A favorite to many gym enthusiasts who are aiming at keeping fit and healthy, the Stepmill remains a popular and effective piece of gym equipment. The easy functionality and ability to burn a great number of calories over a short period makes the Stepmill a favorite among exercisers.
How useful is the Stepmill?
The Stepmill serves as one of the most effective gym equipment to keep fit, stronger and in the correct body frame. Fitness instructors and gym enthusiasts the world over are going back to gym fundamentals, including reverting to some exercise routines overlooked in time. One of the tools that has largely been embraced by gym enthusiasts in the recent times is the Stepmill, rooting from its effectiveness, ease of use and multiple health benefits. A Stepmills helps to deliver the following four key benefits when routinely used:
· Quads and glutes workout- a Stepmill helps in pushing your body against gravity through a large number of range motions, with the increased knee and hip flexion degrees ensures that one maximally exercises the quads and glutes. In a short time and relatively limited movement, one can optimally exercise the glutes and quads using the Stepmill with maximum results.
· Great cardio challenge- the Stepmill provides the winded feeling one gets when repeatedly climbing a staircase in a real life experience. The deep breathe increases the oxygen consumption in the lungs, improving the supply of oxygen all over the body. The extensive muscle utilization to compensate for oxygen consumption, leading to a spike of heart activity and blood pressure. The Stepmill proves to be one of the capable cardio machines available in a gym setup.
· Joint-friendly- as compared to running or walking on a flat surface which puts a stress on the body joints, using a Stepmill ensures that the whole-body frame is in contact with the surface. The seamless transfer of the body mass when using the Stepmill results in less impact on body joints.
· Perfect weight loss tool- the Stepmill has proven to be a supplementary machine to lose weight because of its intense workout. When properly used, one can burn a lot of calories on the Stepmill as a result of the intense workout, helping in losing weight, keeping fit and healthy.
The Stepmill is one of the most effective workout machines, safe to use, and the perfect tool to lose weight.
via Blogger 4 Things The Stepmill Can Do For You
Gym equipment can remain in an optimal function condition when owners like you take proper care, perform maintenance, and carry out the necessary, timely repairs. Taking care of your commercial gym equipment will improve their effectiveness, functionality, and maintain current durability. Keeping the commercial gym equipment in their proper functioning condition requires routine maintenance and checks that should be carried out on a regular basis.
Maintenance tips for commercial gym equipment
Gym operators, managers, or owners should be aware of the laid-out tips that will ensure that their gym equipment is up and functioning throughout by carrying out regular and necessary maintenance services. Below is a list of the five main maintenance tips of commercial gym equipment:
· Check out the manufacturer’s guidelines- most of the gym equipment comes with operations guidelines in the form of manuals from the manufacturers. Ensure that you go through the manual on the maintenance of each gym equipment. The provided information on the manual will help you take the necessary steps to carry out during the maintenance and offer guidance on what to do when the machine breaks down.
· Cleaning the equipment- one of the essential maintenance services is ensuring that the machine is clean, free of dust and dry throughout. Keeping the items clean helps in the prevention of clogging of parts and rust formation. Ensure that you carry out routine cleaning and dusting of the gym machines regularly. Ensure the gym space is tidy, dry, and free of water throughout. Water and humid air results in machine parts rusting if not well maintained and checked.
Also Check: Premium Equipment Your Gym Needs in 2019
· Buy original parts/equipment- to prevent your gym equipment from breaking down every so often, ensure you buy genuine parts when carrying out repairs. The items should also be from reputable, authentic brands. Ensure that you regularly lubricate the machine parts to prevent the parts clogging and being hard to move, which eventually results in inability to function optimally.
· Routine check and inspection- make it a practice to check the functionality of each equipment and inspect the belts, cables, and pulleys to ensure that they are functioning optimally. Regular checks will also help in taking note of any malfunctions and carrying out the necessary repairs or maintenance.
· Preventive Maintenance Schedule- a preventive maintenance schedule that is thorough and wholly followed will ensure that you do regular and routine maintenance on all the gym equipment. The schedule will help you take note of the necessary repairs to be undertaken in real time. Prompt repairs will allow you to keep the machines up and running and avoid breakdowns that would otherwise have been avoidable.
Carrying out maintenance services will ensure that the commercial gym equipment is optimally functioning, are effective and in the long run. Gym owners, managers or operators should work to ensure that they observe routine maintenance and carry out regular checks on their commercial gym equipment as highlighted in the 5 maintenance tips.
via Blogger 5 Maintenance Tips For Your Commercial Gym Equipment
A complete, well stocked, and functioning commercial gym should have all the necessary and recommended training equipment for your members to receive the ultimate gym experience. Before setting up a gym, ensure that you are aware of the essential equipment that will not only be attractive to the participants but help them exercise and keep fit. While equipping a commercial gym can be costly, you may have to do research to find the best commercial gym equipment for your establishment.
With plenty of available equipment, you should learn about all of the different brands by researching their durability, functionality, and customer reviews. Knowing the different types of gym equipment is key to creating a successful gym.
Must-have gym equipment
As all gym owners know, the purpose to your gym is to offer products and services to the public that help them stay in shape and get healthy, while providing a quality customer experience that keeps them coming back. Your gym equipment plays a critical role when it comes to the success of your business, so it’s important to find the highest quality and durable equipment that will keep your customers happy for a long time to come.
Here is a list of must-have gym equipment that your gym should always have available to your clients:
Treadmills: Most people who have been in an indoor gym have experienced a treadmill. They come in various shapes, designs, and brands, but are recognizable to almost everyone. The stationery cardio equipment is great for walkers, runners, and joggers of all levels to help improve resting heart rate and overall endurance. The most popular brands include Life Fitness, Precor, Matrix, and more. Make sure to find a supplier that offers multiple brands so that you can compare what will work best for your gym.
Stepmills: Offering a real stair climbing experience, stepmills are another crucial piece of gym equipment for your gym. They offer a workout that targets different areas of the legs, thighs, and core that make it a little different than a traditional treadmill. Popular brands include: Matrix, Life Fitness, and Stairmaster.
Indoor Bikes: Another essential piece of cardio equipment for any gym, indoor bikes are offered in various designs and varieties. They include recumbent bikes in brands such as the Matrix Recumbent bikes, Green Series recumbent bikes, Precor, Freemotion, Cybex and the Star Trac recumbent bikes. Other types of bikes include the upright bikes with Brands such as the Life Fitness, Green Series, Freemotion and Body tone Upright bikes. You should make sure your gym has both types of indoor bikes so that users can choose depending on preference.
Elliptical Cross-trainer: Stationary machines used to simulate running, walking, or climbing without excessive joint pressure, ellipticals are ideal for many gyms as they offer another cardio exercise for those who don’t like treadmills or indoor bikes. Many gym patrons may prefer one piece of cardio equipment over another, so variety is important. Common brands include, Matrix, Vision Fitness, Precor, and Life Fitness Elliptical Cross-trainers.
Strength training equipment: There are many different types of weight training equipment, so it’s important to offer as many varieties as possible to attract clients with different preferences. You should make sure your gym has free weights, selectorized machines, and loaded machines so that you can appeal to a wider selection of people. Common brands include: Home Gyms, Weight plates, Adjustable Pulleys, Chest Press Machines, and Leg and Biceps Curl Machines.
via Blogger Must Have Gym Equipment In Your Gym
Buying gym equipment in bulk and at a wholesale price is the most cost-effective, convenient, and suitable way of stocking your gym. Buying a wholesale gym machine offers many benefits compared to purchasing the items one by one, which can be time-consuming and costly. As much as many people prefer purchasing gym equipment at wholesale, there are some common mistakes that buyers make, costing them a lot of money, stress, and time. The buyers might also end up buying faulty, ineffective items with no extra services like repair and maintenance rendered from gym equipment wholesalers.
It is essential for buyers to ensure that they have prior knowledge and information on the possible mistakes and ways to avoid them when purchasing gym equipment on wholesale. Many of the errors are avoidable, possible when one has done due diligence and has the tips of circumventing such mistakes should they happen.
Mistakes to consider when buying on wholesale
To avoid making costly mistakes when purchasing gym equipment on wholesale, it is essential to keep certain crucial aspects in mind. Below are some of the common mistakes and how to avoid them when purchasing gym equipment on wholesale:
Lack of planning: Most large investments in life need to be thoroughly thought out and planned. Buying gym equipment is such an investment and lack of preparation can be costly. You’ll need to plan not only to be available during deliver services, but you need to do some serious budgeting. Plan your purchasing early by doing research on the different pricing and financing options for equipment to make sure you can afford the items you need to fill your gym.
Not comparing equipment prices: As stated, it’s important to do research before purchasing wholesale gym equipment. Purchasing gym items in haste, without prior price comparison and research might result in buying the equipment at reasonably high prices. To cut down on costs and get the best deals, research on the current market prices of individual gym items and check out the available sell offers and deposits.
Inability to inspect available wholesale shops: There are many wholesale outlets available that sell gym equipment. It is wise to research the available firms in your locale or online firms that offer shipping services to your location. Check out the payment terms and services provided by each wholesale company before settling on a particular firm from which to buy your items. One will be able to avoid being caught up in firms that are not up to their standards and expectations by getting prior information on the companies.
Not knowing equipment brands: It is essential to know the different equipment price, their durability, effectiveness, and functionality before setting out to buy them. Knowing the item brand will enable you to buy the best brand at the best prices. Gym lovers know the brands of equipment they like to use, so do a little research on your current and future customers to figure out what brands they’d like to see in your gym.
via Blogger Mistakes To Avoid When Buying Wholesale Gym Equipment
Many people realize how important and convenient it is to own a personal gym at home. Many more people are setting up commercial gyms as a business venture. No matter the situation, the need for acquiring gym equipment at a bargain sets the tone of someone's decision to build a gym.
Gym equipment can be quite costly and may impede a person’s purchasing decisions when it comes to setting up a gym space. One of the most effective and proven ways of buying quality and affordable gym equipment is purchasing them in bulk at a wholesale price.
Buying new or used wholesale gym equipment is a great way to cut down on the costs of building a gym. Before making the final purchase of your gym equipment, it’s important to consider a few things to educate yourself and get all of the vital information that is necessary for creating the best gym possible.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Wholesale Gym Equipment
Before purchasing gym equipment at wholesale, one needs to keep in mind the following facts to make the best of such amazing deals:
Ø Assess the available space: Take a good look at the space you have available in your home gym or establishment. Assess the accessibility and availability of lighting to determine which spaces work best with which equipment. You should have enough space to accommodate the equipment and make sure to leave room for a person to move around.
Ø Budget: The key to purchasing any piece of equipment is the availability of funds. Gym equipment can be costly depending on the type and quantity of equipment you want to buy, so it’s important to have a detailed budget.
Ø Choice of the wholesale distributors: Do your research to compare gym equipment sellers. Look for the types of additional services they offer, like customer support, and their price ranges along with the brands they sell. You should also learn how they do their billing so you can rest assured knowing you’re paying your bills in a timely manner. Because gym equipment can be expensive, the best wholesale distributors and suppliers will offer financing options for those who need a little extra time paying off their debts.
Ø Equipment Knowledge: Whether you’re creating a gym at home or as a business, it’s important to learn about the different types of equipment and what conditions they’ll need to function optimally. You’ll also need to consider space-saving options and packages that will help you save space without losing clients and customers.
Ø Warranty, safety, and maintenance: The best wholesale gym equipment sellers offer lessons for the use of the equipment. Whether that comes with in-person training or video learning options, you’ll need to make sure you know how each piece of equipment works. You should also find out whether there are warranties for each machine, as situations beyond your control can occur leading to equipment breakdowns.
Before buying gym equipment on wholesale, ensure you have the knowledge and essential information on the price, the services offered by the firm and the brands of machines to get the best deals.
via Blogger Factors To Consider When Buying Wholesale Gym Equipment
Indoor bikes are a great way to keep you in shape without putting excess strain on your body. If you enjoy sitting on the couch and don’t get much movement throughout your day, using an exercise bike is the easiest way to improve your health while easing you into a daily fitness routine you can do at any time of day, morning and night.
If you love cardio and you’re looking for a healthy workout that you can do easily, indoor bikes can transform your body while you catch up on your favorite television show or listen to music.
Here’s how indoor bikes can transform your body:
Stationary bikes can burn calories just as easily and riding a bike outside. They’re efficient and riding for just 30 minutes a day can burn off up to 300 calories. Stationary bikes are great because they allow you to sit while you burn calories while many other work out machines require standing, so if you’re feeling a little lethargic when you first start your workout, you can sit and ease yourself into a more robust work out. Many people use bikes to lose weight because they can do them while being able to focus on their morning television shows or reading a book and you can use them at any speed and resistance based on your needs for that day.
Cycling is great for your legs. From quads, to glues, to calves, stationary bikes work your entire bottom half. Many even have handlebars so you can get an upper body workout at the same time. While you’re burning those calories, you’re also gaining muscle that will help keep your legs toned and body healthy.
While you’re pedaling away you are working the muscles that support your back, leg, thigh, and hamstrings. You can actually target specific muscle groups on a stationary bike by pushing down on the pedals to strengthen your quads or pull up to work those hamstrings. Because indoor bikes offer smooth movement, you’ll receive all of the benefits of biking outside and none of the stress on your knees and joints. These muscles are important since you use them to walk on a daily basis, so keeping them healthy and strong will help keep you active throughout your busy life.
Because when you ride, you are getting your heart rate up, you are also improving your heart and lung strength. You are also helping to regulate your blood pressure and improve respiratory function as a direct result of the cardio you get when pedaling on a stationary bike. With a strong heart and stronger lungs, you’ll feel healthier in your day-to-day, able to tackle the world.
If you’re like many people, you may feel lethargic throughout the day, but riding a stationary bike can help decrease fatigue. Because working out and riding increase dopamine in your body, you’ll not only feel good, you’ll feel energized and ready for the day. You can start your day off with a 30 minute ride on a stationary bike and you’ll feel awake and energized throughout your entire day.
via Blogger How Indoor Bikes Can Transform Your Body
While multi-gyms are the ultimate space and money-savers, you may wonder about the health benefits you can get from them, and believe us there are many. You’ll receive the save muscle building and exercise benefits as multi-gyms as you would from separate pieces of equipment along with even more benefits that compliment your personality and busy lifestyle.
Here are the benefits of using multi gyms:
Full Body Workout
Because multi gym equipment are multi-functional, one piece of equipment can provide you with a workout for your entire body. They are designed to target different muscle groups with different workouts and you can find workouts available for every skill-level. You can train your abs, arms, chest, back, shoulders, and legs just using one machine, making it easier for you to get the body you want. What’s so great about these pieces of gym equipment is that you don’t need to stop using it to start working out a different part of your body. Your whole benefit will benefit from multi-stations if used correctly.
Build Muscle and Lose Fat
Multi-gyms use weight resistance for all of the exercises using weight stacks and a pulley so that you can build muscle easily and without having to pick up free weights. You’ll also be able to increase the resistance as you get stronger, something you can’t do with traditional weights. Strength training also promotes weight loss by burning fat, so whether you’re looking to beef up or lose extra pounds, there is a workout you can do with a multi-gym that fits your needs. There are cardio exercises you can do as well that will help you lose weight in different areas of your body.
If you have a busy schedule and don’t have the time to wait around for a machine or another piece of equipment at the gym to open up, multi-gyms can save you time. Not only can one multi-gym give you an entire body workout without having to walk from place to place and wait to get the equipment you need, they can be used my multiple users at just one time, so if you see someone using one at your gym, all you have to do is simply introduce yourself and ask if you can join them.
See also: The Benefits of Commercial Gym Equipment for New Gym Owners
Safe and Easy
Did you know? You can get injured using some pieces of equipment at the gym. Dumbbells and Barbells can hurt you if you’re using poor form, or if you attempt to lift too much before you’re ready. Multi-gyms are much safer and help you get the perfect position so you don’t injure yourself. They also support your balance and coordination and are simple to use so that you can stay safe while promoting your healthy lifestyle.
Commercial gym equipment, such as multi-gyms are extremely durable. They are made with commercial grade materials that help you maintain your investment for a long time. What’s even better is that if you do experience an issue and need a replacement part, these types of equipment are mass produced, so finding the part that you need is simple.
via Blogger 5 Benefits of Using Multi-Gyms
Primo Fitness has over 40 years of experience in the fitness equipment industry. Not only do we sell new and used products, but the services we offer to our clients has brought us rave reviews. We are experts in logistics assembly & installation, extraction services, relocation and buyback of used gym equipment on a continual basis. Our warehouse and corporate office is located in Santa Ana, California and serve local clients in Los Angeles, Santa Ana, San Diego and Orange County – and ship our products worldwide. We are known throughout the country for our services and great reputation.